Monday, September 8, 2014

Howdy Y'all: Finally, an Update

Hi everyone, it's me.  Remember me?

First and foremost, I want to give you a little rundown of my life in the past few weeks.  I packed up almost everything I owned (leaving some things behind, because not everything fit in the back of my jeep) and left Ohio.  I've never lived outside of Ohio, ever.  My entire family lives there or around there, and same goes for my friends.  Then, I made the 20-hour drive to Texas and moved my things into San Antonio.  My new job started just three days after I moved in.

Fast forward to now.  I'm working a new job in a new field, so there's a learning curve and I'm always busy and exhausted.  It's a great job and I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's also a ton of work.  Every day I come home from work and sleep, pretty much.  I don't know anyone yet, so I don't really go out.  Like I said, all of my friends and family are back in Ohio, and I'm in San Antonio, pretty much alone, for most of the week.

I'm not telling you all this for pity or even to explain myself because honestly I don't need to justify my life or choices.  Many of you have been extremely supportive, which I appreciate so, so much because while this has been a very exciting time in my life, it's also been the most terrifying thing I've ever done.  So, I know I promised I'd try to keep up the blogging schedule.  I completely failed at that, and I apologize.  But I really didn't realize how hard moving and starting a new life would be.

So thank you to those people who have been understanding and kind.  I appreciate your support more than I can express.  The last thing I want right now is to come home from an exhausting day in an unfamiliar city and sit in my room that I still haven't finished unpacking yet and see messages--many of the anonymous--saying they won't read my blog anymore, saying that I'm inconsiderate and wasting their time.  I am all for constructive criticism, and I want to communicate openly with my readers, but reading just plain mean comments is not something I have the energy to do.  It makes my day that much worse and honestly makes me not want to provide an update at all.

Yes, everything is totally fine, for those asking.  I'm luckily not sick or hurt or anything--just exhausted and still not used to being in a new place.  I can't promise anything because it will called inconsiderate, but now that I am starting to get the hang of things in my new life and not fall asleep as soon as I make dinner every night, I want to pick back up with Ryan's story.

Finally, the anonymous commenting option was added for those who are shy and did not want to provide their names or just want to comment without being public.  It is NOT for people to leave rude comments under a veil of anonymity.  I know people have been disappointed by the lack of an update, but just like no one is forcing me to write this blog, no one is forcing you to read it.  I write this blog for free and for fun, and if I lose 75% of my readers because they are sick of waiting, or disappointed in me, or say nasty things because I have just moved across the country to start a new life entirely by myself, then so be it.

Thank you for your genuine concern.  All is well, and I appreciate the understanding from many of you.  I have some ideas brewing, and of course some older storylines need to be explained...

As always, thank you for reading, and I look forward to starting this up again!

Alexis

44 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! That is one long move, and I definitely understand your absence. I hope that you're starting to settle in and make some friends, the beginning of being in a new place can be so so hard. I'm definitely looking forward to reading again whenever you put up new posts! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, do you have a blog email address or a way I contact you? (Haha, that sounds super creepy.) Or, maybe when you have like 5 seconds, you could shoot me an email. newbeginningnewadventures@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Alexis- Thanks for the update. I actually live in Texas! Three hours from San Antonio in fact. San Antonio is a very rich in history city, and there is a lot to do there. I grew up about and hour and a half away. I hope that you settle in well and if you need any Texas tips, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a small world, isn't it? So far I'm really liking it here, it's just taking some getting used to, that's all! Especially the heat!
      Thank you for your kind words, Rebecca!

      Delete
  3. Welcome!! 2 years ago I moved from just Louisiana to just 15 minutes outside of San Antonio. I hope you find time to make friends and enjoy the city and surrounding area, it's great and there's lots to do. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There really is a lot to do... I'm trying to stay busy, but I've just been so tired... it's amazing how exhausting the workday can be when you're still learning your job!

      Delete
  4. Alexis, I live in San Antonio! It is a great city and I hope that once things settle down a little bit, you get a chance to really enjoy it. This may sound weird or stalkery, but it isn't, I promise....but, if you want to get out and meeting some people, I would love to meet you for coffee or drinks sometime. My email address is britneybrantley@yahoo.com. No pressure. I really loved your blog and I totally understand relocating to a new city across the country and knowing no one. Don't let the haters get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you Britney! I can only imagine how hard it is to move to a new place and start over without having a place like college force to interact with one another.
      Best of luck Alexis

      Delete
    2. Britney, thank you so much for reaching out to me. It means a lot!

      Melpod, I'm definitely discovering that it is completely different getting to know people when I am not a native to the area... it was so easy to make friends in college and now I'm a little lost! Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  5. Good for you! It takes some serious guts to just move like that!! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! A lot of people are saying that, but sometimes I just feel lame when I sit at home every night and fall asleep by 9 PM lol

      Delete
  6. Wow. Hats off to you on that move. I'm sure you'll adjust soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're doing well! I'm sure you'll get settled in and adjusted soon. You're doing this for free, so whenever you can get back into the swing of things is a-okay. :)

    --Nicole M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that I can start the next chapter in Ryan's life sooner rather than later! Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  8. Yah an update! No worries about the absence, people have real lives and real problems to work out. Im just super happy you didn't abandon the idea entirely! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I haven't been writing, the ideas for Ryan have definitely been blooming in my head :) It's just a matter of putting them down on paper! Thanks!!

      Delete
  9. I too am considering packing up my life and moving to Texas! I would be in Austin, though. Moving from Oregon. Totally understand that your life has been chaotic! Take your time getting back into the blog. Get out and enjoy San Antonio! They have a great movie theater that has a bar so you can take drinks into the movie. It's great. Lol! Enjoy the move and get back to is when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a big move! I was actually considering Austin as well, and if you make that decision I'm sure you'll love it!
      I'll definitely have to check out that movie theater... I'll never turn down movies plus drinks!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's called Alamo drafthouse �� it's pretty cool

      Delete
  10. I've never commented before but just wanted to say that I love your blog and will be patiently (mostly but a little bit anxiously) waiting for whatever you are ready to write for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this comment means so much to me! Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I'm glad you're sticking with me, and I'll try not to let you down!!

      Delete
  11. Don't worry about us here! Life happens and you are more then entitled to take a break! Don't listen to the haters! I love your blog and will be here waiting to read when you are ready! Enjoy your new job and place and come back to us when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I moved to San Antonio 2 years ago. One day I pretty much decided I was going to do it. I love it and I don't regret my decision at all! It's a big city and there's a lot to do! The one thing I hate is the heat, other than that, it's perfect ;) hope you can make it your home, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Happy to hear an update. I have been following your blog for a while now, and although it is great to hear updates about fictional characters, I am happy to hear about how a "real" twenty something is following her goals & ambitions. Best of luck to you in your new city & I look forward to hearing more soon!

    sheerluckandpixiedust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I grew up in Ohio, lived in Colorado for a few years and ended up in Dallas a year ago. Texas takes some adjusting to. I've only been to San Antonio once but it was a lot of fun. You'll start meeting people and feeling at home before you know it. Life after Ohio is better.

    With that said, I'm glad you're back and that everything is ok! I've missed the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew!! I thought something serious had happened. I'm glad to know all is well with you. I like this blog and look forward to updates. I recently moved out of state and away from all of my friends and family too; I understand how starting all over in a new place can be. I wish you well and good luck getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand moving across country and trying to settle. Do you know when you'll resume writing? It's been over two months since your post and I'd like to know what's happening before i forget the storyline! Maybe you could provide us with an update when you have a spare moment?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was born in Ohio and lived there for 31 years. I have to agree that leaving Ohio was a great decision.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterOctober 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM

    Hey girl, hey! How is San Antonio?

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like you forgot about us. I hope you're doing well and adjusting to San Antonio. Would be nice if you'd drop us a line trekking us how you are. It's been close to 2 months since we last heard from you and we're concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Does anyone know of another good blog to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out mine! It's fairly new and it's based on my real life!
      Dating-and-commitment.blogspot.com

      Cheers!
      Charli

      Delete
  21. So how's it going? Coming back at all?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, just wondering if you decided to not come back. Let us know please. Hope you're getting acclimated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wondering if you were still coming back to this blog? I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  24. I read from beginning to end today! I hope you are loving your new city & that things are going great! Take your time.

    http://theasmilehighadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. So......update? You fo real done....again?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So I've been starting to re-read blogs since they are few and far between these days. Any chance of you starting this back up? I am very curious to see what happens w/ Ryan's job, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me, I'm from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan to expand my evergreen group company it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Pedro. She introduced me to this honest loan officer, Mr. Pedro, who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Pedro, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Pedro via email: pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp: +18632310632 they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be safe as well.

    ReplyDelete