Saturday, May 31, 2014

Some Updates

Hi everyone! I just have a few things to say quickly. First and foremost, I have been on vacation for a week and will be home next Saturday. I didn't anticipate that I'd be charged (ridiculous amounts) for wifi, which is why I haven't posted in a week. I'll be back after I return from my vacation! Thanks so much for your patience! 

Second, I just want to say thank you to everyone who reads, and also to those who comment. I read every single comment and while I don't always respond for fear of scaring people away by saying "thank you so much!!!" too often, I appreciate all of your positive feedback. Some days I think no one reads what I write, so when I get comments, I smile every single time. So thank you for that. Really! You guys are the best. 

Third-- I see some of you don't know what tinder is, so I'll try to explain it quickly! Essentially, it's a dating app. You select an age range and gender, and the app generates people in those categories in your area! So if you want to see men in your area from ages 24-29, tinder shows you their profiles, one at a time. You're shown a few pictures of someone, their age, and a small description if the person has chosen to write one. Tinder takes the photos and the description from Facebook, but you can edit those things on the app. Once you're shown a profile, you can either swipe right for yes or left for no. If you swipe left, that's basically saying you aren't interested, but the nice thing is that the other person doesn't know you said no. You're only notified if someone swipes right! Then, tinder alerts you and says you have a match, and you can message that person or they can message you. No private info is out there-- no phone numbers, no email, and no last names, even. If someone wants to meet up, they'll have to ask for that information. It's very secure. 

So there you have it. I hope my explanation wasn't too convoluted! If so, just google it :) I'm sure others have written more detailed explanations! I just wanted to clear up some confusion. 

Anyway, thanks again for reading, everyone. I'll see you in a week!! 

- Alexis 

2 comments: